Thursday, October 28, 2010

OCTO - Fall 2010 Show

I can bet everyone was pretty stoked to see the sun shining again after a week of rain. And what a surprise we were all able to get up in the morning for the ride over to this show.  The bon fire was on until 2 am. YIKES!

Any hoot, off we headed over to Huntington Beach High from P-Town. Nice caravan as well. 175 buses turned out for this fall event. I have to say it's my favorite of the three OCTO shows put on within the year. Always a good time there. Chuck D's crib was also a treat. Chuck turned 54 that day. Happy B-Day Chuck!!

OCTO # 1.jpg

OCTO # 2.jpg

OCTO # 3.jpg

OCTO # 4.jpg

OCTO # 5.jpg

This was a really nice bus! 1956/57 Kombi with the factory option sunroof. It was cool the owner painted it another color, rather then the factory Dove Blue. Either way, a super cool bus.

OCTO # 6.jpg

OCTO # 10.jpg

OCTO # 7.jpg

OCTO # 8.jpg

OCTO # 9.jpg

This is Edgar Allen Poe's Txakura, Topper.

OCTO # 11.jpg

OCTO # 14.jpg

OCTO # 12.jpg

OCTO # 13.jpg

OCTO # 20.jpg

OCTO # 19.jpg

OCTO # 17.jpg

OCTO # 15.jpg

OCTO # 16.jpg

OCTO # 18.jpg

Here are a few shots out front of Chuck D's, of THE BUS STOP, house.

OCTO # 21.jpg

OCTO # 22.jpg

OCTO # 23.jpg

00:21 Posted in Général | Permalink | Comments (11)

Comments

Great pics johnny !!!
I like the 57 with sunroof, except for color and hight!!! ;-)

Posted by: elpanel56 | Thursday, October 28, 2010

Respond to this comment

About time the sun came out in Cali..
I KNOW I MISSED OUT BUT IT WAS GREAT.THE TIME I WAS THERE.
Great to see You ,Jordan,Gibbs and George again....
and meat WOlfy too.Did she like the show?
Y el compadre de Hera....

Posted by: Marty Pirata | Thursday, October 28, 2010

Respond to this comment

Hey Jean Luc , Waht's Up ?!

Sorry to miss out this event because OCTO and Chuck D pizza party were always good times !!! JODER !!

Hope all is good in Sur Califas , see you soon my friend !

In spring, I hope and in june for sure !!

Posted by: yohann | Thursday, October 28, 2010

Respond to this comment

El Panel 56 - it was a nice bus. Lots of people enjoyed looking at it. It was one of my favorite buses there.

Si Martin - al fin el sol se presento. Que dia tan guapo! La fiesta en la casa del Hera fue Brutal.

Yohann - there is a better show in the Spring time. May 1st, same day as the Bug In, though we go to OEBC SPRING PICNIC. This is the new "CLASSICS". The show is on Sunday, but we camp there from Friday. It's my 2nd favorite show. PUTAIN!!!

Posted by: Johnny Borja Jiménez | Thursday, October 28, 2010

Respond to this comment

Perhaps it will be a great idea to be there for Bug'in and OEBC spring Picnic in May and come back in june for the classic.... I'll see that !

Take care !

Posted by: yohann | Thursday, October 28, 2010

Respond to this comment

Yohann, both shows, Bug In & OEBC Spring Picnic are on the same day! PUTAIN!!! The picnic is in a park & covered with trees with lots of shade. The Bug In is really hot and NO shade. And you can't drink Cervezas there either!!

Posted by: Johnny Borja Jiménez | Friday, October 29, 2010

Respond to this comment

Okayy!
Nice pictures Jean-Knee :)
OCTO is always a cool show.

Posted by: Leh-Ohn | Friday, October 29, 2010

Respond to this comment

PUTAIN!!! Leh-Ohn!!! how is life in France!!?? Ce va bien!! Qui, OCTO is a cool show, but we had a better time at CAMP HERA! You remember, you were there this past June. OKAY! We may skip the February OCTO meeting .......... we are all going camping to JOSHUA TREE!!! OKAY!!

Next time come over in early May for the OEBC Spring Picnic. That is the new CLASSICS!!

OKAY!

Posted by: Johnny Borja Jiménez | Friday, October 29, 2010

Respond to this comment

Sounds good!
I really like Camps, like Kraków!
And OCTO is always a good show, really want to do the OEBC picnic too, but that will be in 2012 :)
Next year we have the bug-run in sweden, budel in Holland, Bad Camberg in Germany, and the bug-in in France.....VIVE LA FRANCE!
Busy schedule :)
I like the hund in the picture, OKAY!

Laydo,
LEh-Ohn

Posted by: Volksaddiction | Friday, October 29, 2010

Respond to this comment

niiiice :D

Posted by: Jason | Friday, November 05, 2010

Respond to this comment

Obrigado Brazilero!!

Leh Ohn, if you, Romy, Samba & Ghia come for the OEBC Show, we will sort you out for the camping. OKAY. We won't be out in Europe until 2013 for the Hessisch Oldendorf show. Verstehen Sie Mich!? The Bug In is now in France?? PUTAIN!!!

Au revoir mon ami et VIVE LA FRANCE!!!

Posted by: Johnny Borja Jiménez | Monday, November 08, 2010